Compassion Health Care is seeking a dynamic individual for a Clinical Care Coordinator role to work directly with our Psychiatrist. The Clinical Care Coordinator needs to possess the characteristics of great work ethic, sound clinical judgment, team player, and demonstrates our core values of compassion for others, commitment, integrity, and excellence in their daily work.
As a Clinical Care Coordinator at Compassion Health Care, you will work as part of a healthcare delivery team in a Patient-Centered Medical Home model serving patients of all ages. The Clinical Care Coordinator utilizes the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation evaluation, and recording of patient care and patient education. The position provides support to providers by anticipating needs and providing assistance in the provision of care. In addition, the Clinical Care Coordinator coordinates services with other members of the healthcare team to provide complex patient care. The role practices within the scope of the North Carolina Nurse Practice Act and/or Caswell Family Medical Center’s policies, procedures, and standards. Clinical Care Coordinators may also perform other duties across the organization as their skills and training permit and may be cross-trained in other areas to accomplish operational objectives.
- Utilizes nursing knowledge, clinical judgment, and critical thinking to provide appropriate assessments.
- Assesses individual patient conditions utilizing clinical observation, medical record, verbal information, and interaction with patient/family.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Implements provider’s orders effectively and in a timely manner.
- Safely administers medication as ordered by provider and documents in EMR.
- Consistently follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures learning needs of patient/family are addressed and documented.
- Performs/assists in performing medical procedures, treatments, and tests using skilled techniques and following all prescribed safety regulations to ensure accurate results.
- Addresses needs of patients accurately, thoroughly, and within an acceptable timeframe.
- Maintains knowledge of Chronic Care Management (CCM) and captures non-face-to-face times pent with CCM position.
- Performs referral tracking; follows up appropriately on completed and incomplete referrals.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with other employees in and outside of the departmental unit.
Diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing or CMA program. Previous clinical experience in behavioral health in an integrated setting, or rural health care setting is preferred. Current/valid NC Nurse’s license or CMA certification required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are preferred. Basic computer skills required; prefer experience with Electronic Medical records. Also must be willing to travel to both of our office locations, Yanceyville and Eden.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations